Robert Kuttler is pessimistic about meaningful democracy in the U.S., as I am. In his article, “Why the 99% keeps losing, he gives the following reasons:
- Reason One. The Discrediting of Politics Itself.
- Reason Two. Compromised Democrats.
- Reason Three. The Reign of Politicized Courts and Big Money.
- Reason Four. The Collapse of Equalizing Institutions.
- Reason Five. Bewildering Changes in How Jobs Are Structured.
- Reason Six. The Internalization of a Generation’s Plight.
- Reason Seven. The Absence of a Movement.