- Matt 6:20 – Pursue spiritual capitalism as opposed to financial capitalism.
- Matt 10:34 – Jesus came to turn families against each other.
- Mark 9:43 – If a body part causes you to sin cut it off.
- Luke 6:29 – If someone is stealing from you let them.
- Luke 6:30 – If anyone asks you for anything, just give it to them no matter what it is.
- Luke 12:51 – Jesus’ purpose on Earth was not to bring peace but division.
- Luke 14:26 – Hate your life, mother, father, wife, and siblings.
- John 6:27 – Don’t work for food you can eat (such food spoils)
I looked these up, and sure enough, they are all in the Bible. Here are some other New Testament rules that most Christians violate, including the rule that people shouldn’t marry (presented by a site titled “Dwindling in Unbelief”). I’m planning on keeping these lists handy for the next person who comes along and demands that I follow the teachings of Jesus. And here are a bunch of Old Testament rules that all decent people violate.
Oh, and if you ever wondered who had the most powerful spit, Jesus or Muhummad, this is the article for you (also at Dwindling in Unbelief)
About the Author (Author Profile)Erich Vieth is an attorney focusing on consumer law litigation and appellate practice. He is also a working musician and a writer, having founded Dangerous Intersection in 2006. Erich lives in the Shaw Neighborhood of St. Louis, Missouri, where he lives half-time with his two extraordinary daughters.
Sites That Link to this Post
- On loving one’s enemies : Dangerous Intersection | April 30, 2012