At Reader Supported News, Alan Grayson lists 10 myths held dear by the modern Republican Party:
- The government can’t create jobs. (Tell that to FDR, who created four million jobs in three months.)
- Tax cuts reduce the deficit. (Doesn’t it bother them that a man named “Laffer” came up with this one?)
- A fetus is a baby.
- The poor have too much money.
- Cutting the federal deficit will end the recession.
- The rich are incentivized by tax cuts, while the poor are incentivized by lower wages, no
- benefits, an end to the minimum wage, and unemployment.
- An unwanted child is God’s will.
- Everyone who wants health insurance has it.
- The problem with education is the teachers.
- The “free market” satisfies every human need.
- There is no discrimination in America anymore.
- The distribution of wealth and income are irrelevant.