This is a video I own in DVD version. It is now able to be viewed on-line. It’s a succinct and potent presentation narrated by Brian Flemming, a former fundamentalist. Flemming pulls no punches while he examines believers and the origins of belief.
On the cover of the DVD, Flemming writes “Hold on to your faith. It’s in for a bumpy ride.” Among Flemming’s conclusions:
- Jesus Christ is likely a fictional character, a legend never based on a real human.
- The Jesus passed down to us in the gospels bears a striking resemblance to other ancient heroes and the figureheads of pagan savior cults.
- Contemporary Christians are largely ignorant of the origins of their religion.
- Christianity is obsessed with blood and violence now, as it was in the 1st century.
- Fundamentalism is as strong today as it ever has been, with an alrming 44% of Americans believing Jesus will return to Earth within the next 50 years.
To order the full DVD, which includes extended interviews with Richard Dawkins and Earl Doherty, go to www.thegodmovie.com.