I referred to Wikipedia’s article on “Intelligent Design” to see whether some other GOD must have designed God. Assuming that the logic of the Intelligent Designers is correct and assuming the existence of only one God), I deduced that there truly must be more than one God. Here’s how I applied the ID formula:
- There are natural systems that cannot adequately be explained in terms of undirected natural forces and that exhibit features which in any other circumstance we would attribute to “intelligence.”
- God is purportedly the creator of a complex universe. One can therefore see in God numerous “signs of intelligence”: physical properties of God that necessitate that God Himself was designed.
- God’s own design reveals “irreducible complexity” (He is what He is. No theist I know suggests that God could or should be otherwise).
- God’s own design reveals “specified complexity.” (God can be described by a pattern that displays a large amount of independently specified information and is also complex, in that there is a low probability of “occurrence” of a God without another GOD designing and creating Him. Gods don’t just POP into existence).
- Since God shows BOTH irreducible complexity and specified complexity, he must have been designed.
- By Whom? By another Intelligent Designer, of course. Therefore, God had a Designer (GOD).
- Applying that same principle to GOD, GOD had a Designer too (GODD). Etc etc.
- Ergo, Assuming that Gods don’t retire or die, there is currently an infinite number of Gods.
Caveat: Make sure that when you say your prayers tonight, pray to ALL of of the Gods so that none of them get insulted and throw you into their fiery pits (actually, they might share ONE fiery pit–this proof doesn’t elaborate on that issue).